donderdag 29 november 2007

Dagje Mette


Painting is a two-necklace activity, you know. (But not a comb-your-hair one, oh no. We comb the hair on Tuesdays and Fridays, and that's it amigo.)


Mette's painting became more and more colorful, it was amazing at the end. Didn't get a photo, because we had this...


A small meltdown. Which, when involving paint and water, is a good reason to put away your camera. This littlest Who was awake at 5:30 this morning, and stayed awake, and by the time we got around to painting, she was already starting to fall apart. Man did she need a nap. (Who am I kidding, did I need a nap. I was silently, desperately willing them to fall asleep doing something, anything, even painting, so that I could carry them to the couch and cover them with blankets and curl up in the chair next to them and sleep for whatever time they gave me. Didn't happen.)


So we made Zwarte Piet rice cakes (they were supposed to be cupcakes, but my sleep-deprived brain forget to set out the butter to soften and really, there was no way I was going to bake anything with two tired three-year-olds, so we took the easy way out and used rice cakes.) Two for the homebound and two for the big sisters, when they came home from school. (Mette has a big sister Anna, and Anna has a big sister Mirthe, and it's crazy when they're all here.)


Mmmmm.

Geen opmerkingen: