zaterdag 10 november 2007


The girls had a gymnastics performance tonight, Anna (preschoolers) as a little witch, and Mirthe (1st graders) as a Harry Potter...something. A Hermione? I have to confess, I've never really gotten H.P. I read the first book in English and the fifth in Dutch, but never managed to get sparked onto the whole craze. There are so many other, slightly/much better written fantasy series for kids -- Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Redwall, Madeleine L'Engle. And The Dark is Rising series, I haven't thought about that in ages. I read those books when I was 11, maybe 12 -- I read them over and over, mostly in the bus to and from school. I'd like to get my hands on copies someday.

The performances went well and when we got home we watched it all again (Eric filmed) and then got the kids to bed before they passed out on the couch. I'm glad it's over -- I'm not a huge fan of those overcrowded, loud music type situations.

Tomorrow's St. Maarten (St. Martinus) here, and we're ready. We've learned a few new songs and we've got candy and mandarines, so even if no-one comes by, we'll still have a feast.

Who would you share your cloak with, this stormy autumn night?

Geen opmerkingen: