woensdag 10 januari 2007

Day 7

Wish Tree Update

Just before Christmas I fell behind with making stars for the Wish Tree, and never really caught up -- preschool vacation and Anna's decision to never ever EVER take an afternoon nap AGAIN pretty much nixed my crafting time, and it took a while to get back in the swing of things, after the holidays. My parents are here now, visiting for a month, so that frees up my hands quite a bit and I've made a few more. I'll keep making them and we'll keep hanging them in the tree until my parents head back to Maine.

My original plan for the stars was to send a few to people that we very specifically wished/prayed for, and auction off the rest, with the proceeds going to Noah's Fund, to help with his medical expenses. (See http://noahsteven.blogspot.com ) However, plans can change -- his mom and dad have made the very brave and loving decision to take Noah off life support this coming Friday. Only God knows now what will happen that day -- so I'll keep making stars, and wishing on them, and we'll see if the proceeds will be for his medical expenses or for a memorial fund. I'm praying it'll be the first, but am confident that his parents will do an amazing job with the second, if that's the way it turns out to be.

If you'd like to purchase a star, please email me at susan DOT starkenburg AT gmail DOT com and we can exchange snailmail addresses. (I'm thinking 3 euros a star?) Stars that are not sold before my parents leave will be sent along with my mom, to be sold to people she knows, and then my parents will make a donation to Noah's Fund.

The stars in the last picture are the ones I had reserved for specific people -- the bright orange star is Storm's star (the day we wished on Storm, Fransie's nephew, was the day he got to come home from the hospital!) and the white star is for Klasina, for the new baby. (I still have a package with your name on it, Klaasje!) The third star is for my parents' neighbor who lost her husband to cancer in November. He was buried the day my brother Jason got married, and my parents couldn't be there. He was a good person and a great friend to my parents, and I know they miss him.

If any of these three would like another star, a different color, or no star at all (I understand :-) then just email me at the address above.

The same goes for everyone else -- I will gladly make stars upon request!

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Hoi Sanne,

Ik wil wel een ster van je kopen :o) De kleur mag je zelf uitzoeken...

Mirjam :o)

Francine zei

Ik heb je gemaild!