maandag 25 februari 2008

Loobylu is back! And just in time for Spring Break, with this link: toilet paper roll seed pots.

Today was my first vacation day as the mom of two full-time schoolchildren and it's been taking some getting used to. There was a ton of stress, right off, when Monday morning grocery shopping had to be done. Something I've been happily doing the last few months on my own, or with just Anna -- but with the two of them there it's almost impossible to keep my head on straight. Ended up forgetting half of what I needed. Also resorted to bribing them with a Smurfette -- something I was planning to do this week, but wanted to wait just a leeeeetle bit longer. Like Wednesday, maybe.

In the afternoon Anna played at a friend's house (from gymnastics -- also an Anna -- they are so cute together, it's a shame they go to different schools) and one of Mirthe's friends came over here to play. The stress of the morning was more or less gone and I managed to enjoy the two gardening ladies. When they were done they jumped a bunch of energy out on the trampoline and then laid there in the sun, eating Efteling cookies and pretending to be 15.

They planted poppies and sunflowers, we'll see what actually comes up. The seeds and the boxes are from the Hema and we fished the tp rolls out of the recycling -- the stress came back when I suddenly remembered that paper would be picked today and it needed to be out on the curb within minutes, but we made it and now our house is free of Sinterklaas and birthday paper, and the boxes I bring my groceries home in every morning.






Geen opmerkingen: