dinsdag 6 juni 2006

Memories Monday (even though it's probably Tuesday by now)

I was surfing the links at Mijk Improves * yesterday and came across an old friend, Davey (through his wife Joanna's crafty blog, of course :-) Our world is so small and huge at the same time, it never ceases to delight me -- even though I have stumbled across plenty of friends and neighbors in un-thought-of places on the Internet.

June 4 is their anniversary. I was at their wedding thirteen years ago, an amazingly beautiful, sunny day on Mackinac Island. The ceremony was sweet and they lit up the whole tiny little dark-paneled church with how goofy much they were in love with each other.

I remember riding bikes later in the afternoon, bikes we rented from Davey's sister. Vernon and Krister did crazy tricks on their bikes, we laughed ourselves silly. We looked for cool rocks on the beaches, we drank a lot of coffee. We had that wonderful outdoors-all-day-by-the-water sunburn, that doesn't really hurt until you're home and in bed.

We waited on the docks for the last ferry to the mainland and snuck little pieces of Mackinac Island fudge out of crisp white boxes-- oh my sweet Lord, I'd forgotten all about that fudge. Mmm.

I'm not sure if I ever saw Davey and Joanna again, in real life -- they headed out to teach and do grad school and did some continent skipping. But Happy Anniversar(ies), all the same -- how time does fly when you're living :-) Here's to the next thirteen, twenty-six, thirty-nine years....

* http://mijkimproves.blogspot.com

Geen opmerkingen: