woensdag 5 april 2006

Highlight of my week

This might sound kind of sad/scary, but one of the highlights of my week is when the new HEMA flyer lands on the doormat. Usually on Sunday morning, the day the advertising is brought around door to door by hungover teenagers. (But that's another story.) I try my best to save it for when Anna's sleeping in the afternoon, and then I send Mirthe outside, or set her up with Clickits, or let her wear my wedding shoes while she's playing dress up (that's good for about half an hour.) Then I make myself a good cup of coffee and sit at the table and savor every (kid-free) moment.

I love the HEMA, that's no big surprise. My kids wear mostly HEMA clothing, because it's reasonably affordable and it lasts forever. I buy their dishwashing liquid because it's the cheapest but also because the smell of it brings up all kinds of memories, mostly good. And it lasts forever, which is amazing, if you wash dishes the way I do. (I do not wash dishes the Dutch way, let me say that much.) I buy almost all my greeting cards there, and baby gifts, and seasonal things, like Sinterklaas and Easter.

And when the Easter flyer comes, that's just the best ever. It came this past weekend and I have looked at it every day. Here's another confession: I save them. With the rest of the Easter things, in the big box up in the attic. So when it's time to bring it all out, I get to look at the years gone by. Compare with what they're trying (it's not that hard) to sell me this year.

Yeah I know! It's a little sad. But it's free and it doesn't hurt anyone, and it brightens my whole week.

If you have Adobe Reader, you can look too:

http://www.hema.nl/site/upload/AKTUEEL/aanbiedingen.pdf

9 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Ha Sanne,
Wat een geweldige confessie! (ik kom niet op het echte NL woord...). Ik ben ook zo'n Hema verslaafde. Een geweldige winkel. Als ik vind dat ik iets verdiend heb (slecht humeur, hard gewerkt, drukke week, ik kan altijd wel iets verzinnen), duik ik ook altijd een Hema in. Vind het geweldig om langs alle schappen te dwalen. Kan zelfs zo een kwartier rondkijken bij alle spullen voor fietsen: banden, handige lichtjes, reparatiesetjes etc.

Ik kom ook altijd met veel te veel thuis. Op de een of andere manier weten ze het "hier kan ik niet zonder" en het "dit had ik al tijden nodig" gevoel extreem goed op te roepen.

Kinderkleren zijn er echt geweldig. Voor mezelf koop ik er echter weer bijna geen kleren, op wat shirts en pyama-achtige dingen na. Wist je dat hun beautydingen ook erg goed zijn? Haarspul, douchefris, etc.

En die kleuren die ze hebben, alle kopjes en borden.... Ah! Het is maar goed dat ze niet 24/7 open zijn. Al las ik wel laatst dat ze tegenwoordig hun babyspullen ook via Internet verkopen en gratis thuisbezorgen..... Nieuw gevaar!
(want die rompers, ik vind ze ook helemaal geweldig. Lotte begint er eigenlijk te groot voor te worden, Isa had op die leeftijd allang hemdjes en onderbroekjes aan, maar ze zijn zo leuk!!!!)

Ja, ik herken het helemaal, je Hema-passie!

Francine zei

jeetje. Ik dacht dat ik de enige HEMA zielepoot was. Misschien moeten we een support group beginnen. HAA. Hema Addicts Anonymous.

Overigens begin ik hetzelfde verschijnsel te vertonen met Xenos, vooral hun seizoensfrutsels, sinds ik ergens werk waar er eentje vlakbij zit.

Anoniem zei

Er is al een flickrgroep geloof ik. Waren jullie ook zo verbaasd over de top 5 van gestolen artikelen in het nieuws? Allemaal van die saaie dingen. Niet eens kaarten of houten speelgoed of kinderkleertjes..

Susan zei

Ja Mijk, dat dacht ik ook meteen: wie zou DAT nou stelen? Maar mijn Top 5 (op dit moment, haha), ff denken:

Kinderkleding
Tuinstoelen
Roze meisjes fietsmand
Beddengoed voor alle slaapkamers
NL-talige Chronicles of Narnia

Fleur zei

JAAA HEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ook ik koop er erg graag de kleren voor de meiden (en koop ook vaak via marktplaats en type dan Hema bij de zoekopdracht).
Heb een tijd de gekleurde bekers gespaard en voor de rest vind ik eigenlijk alles leuk!!!
Duzzzzzz helemaal herkenbaar (behalve dan het bewaren van de folders. Dát doe ik toch niet....)

Anoniem zei

Sorry - what is HEMA? (google search time) is there an USA equivilant?

Anoniem zei

I tried to come up with an US equivalent, Brenda, and finally gave up. The HEMA is a tiny department store -- except they also sell food items (cakes, cheese, bread, cold cuts, snacks, CANDY, vitamins) and sometimes have a sit down restaurant. Usually in about half the space of a GR supermarket. It feels kind of like a Five and Dime, but then modern. They have everything -- paint, curtains, bike wheels, children's furniture, clothes, printer supplies, lingerie, umbrellas -- you could live there, if you had to :-)

Susan zei

Also, there is a Flickr group --"Echt Hema"

(Anyone else have problems posting comments as yourself? Sometimes Blogger only "lets" me choose Anonymous. What's up with that.)

sandig zei

I sooo understand. I love the HEMA. I wish we had one here. :)))