maandag 31 juli 2006

Memories Monday

Someone woke me up this morning, way too early. I opened one eye halfway and told the small person in dark-blue-with-white-flowers pjs, standing next to my bed, to go back to sleep.

"Sick?"

What? Is someone sick? Has someone thrown up?? WHY??? Why so early, why does my day have to start so early, with vomit?

"Hmmm?" I say to the small person, who still hasn't moved an inch in the direction of her room.

"Sick Mama?"

"Who's sick, sweetie?"

"MAY I HAVE MY MU-SICK MAMA?" Ohhhhhh. The small person means the unbelievably irritating Happy Meal Toy we were graced with Sunday, a mini-radio that blares something from the Black Eyed Peas, over and over and over and over and over...

"No, no Black Eyed Peas. Too early. Go back to sleep, Mirthe."

"Me Anna, Mama. AN-NA."

My eyes fly open. It is Anna. That child is growing so fast, every day I think: where did my baby go? She's been wearing all of Mirthe's clothes from LAST SUMMER. Including dark-blue-with-white-flowers pjs. I smile at her and pat the bed next to me. "It's too early for music, Anna. Come sleep a while by Mama. Then we'll wake Mirthe up and THEN we can have some music."

She climbs into bed next to me and wriggles under the covers, closes her eyes and goes to sleep. For about fifteen minutes. I stay awake, watching her, my beautiful baby girl, growing up so fast.

1 opmerking:

Paule zei

Here at home, the same MU-Sick toys! A tripple sounds comes from upstairs, driving us crazy.
When the go to bed I hide these irritating things!

Lovely your little Anna is growing so fast! Enjoy it, before you know she will come home with other irritating MU-SIC!!