zondag 19 maart 2006

People often ask me if I miss the US, and I usually say, no not really. Because it's hard to explain how I miss it. I miss seeing things for real, not just in photographs. I miss being able to reach out and actually touch things and people, hear the real sounds. Smell. Feel. Breathe the same air.

I came across this blog today (nominated for a Bloggie 2006) and it just rushed right over me, how much I miss it.

www.durhamtownship.com

Check out her "Best Pictures" section and the photo titled "Jump" (boy jumping in puddle, about seven rows down) -- that's the picture I would give anything right now to be in, for real.

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

I have wanted to ask you that too...do you miss the US? I feel like I am in a foreign country here in Brooklyn, Life is fine here, I just miss the "familiar" so much sometimes.

Francine zei

What a very cool blog, that durham thing. And I totally understand about missing the US!