zaterdag 23 juli 2005


I'm taking part for the first time in A Month of Softies (see the link to the right? I finally dared to mess with the template code, and now I got me some links :-)

This is Elisabet (Mirthe named her, sometimes she's Lotte Elisabet) and she's made from two pairs of Hema woolen/acrylic children's socks. (How much do I love the Hema? Way too much, especially when they have their 70% summer discount -- and I can buy socks for 30 cents a pair. And a picknick set for 4.50 and picture frames for 1.50 and and and and -- just about everything that I always really wanted by the Hema, had in my hands, and then put back because it was just too much moolah for that month. And now it's not, and most of it is finally mine :-)

So this is Elisabet -- I have to make a dress for her yet, and do some finishing touches -- and then load her up on Flickr. The clothes she has on now are Zetty's.

Oh, and Elisabet has already had her first big adventure -- she was allowed to go with Mirthe and Eric to the bike shop to finally pick out Mirthe's birthday bike. In the excitement she got left behind, in the bathroom (because of course Mirthe had to pee once she got to the bike shop -- I swear that kid was a dog in an earlier life, because she has to pee EVERYWHERE, to mark her territory or whatever, or she just likes going in new places... It's so bad now that when she has to go at IKEA Eric and I answer in unison: "Well then pee in your pants, because we're not going back to the bathrooms." She doesn't really have to go, it's more for the adventure.)

So Elisabet was left behind, in the dark dark dark workshop bathroom (ew) and faced a long weekend there. Fortunately Mama had the sense to ask how Elisabet liked Mirthe's new bike (She didn't get to take it home, it has to be assembled and checked over.) Mirthe's eyes got really big and filled with tears, because she didn't know where she'd left Elisabet (Eric and Mirthe also went to the candy store and the florist.) We jumped in the car and stopped first at the bike shop, because I guessed she'd be there. And she was. And happy to see us, I think.Posted by Picasa

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

What a great Monkey...Glad to meet you Elisabet!

What is Self-portrait Tues?
(just curious)

love your links

Sandi